Saturday, August 18, 2007

Sterling Silver Necklaces - Square Shape

Many people have asked how I got started making these photo necklaces. I started in order to save money. I had promised my mother-in-law a three charm necklace from a very popular website for sterling photo jewelry. It was going to cost $160. After doing some research, I found that I could make the necklace for less then half the cost. I decided that I wanted to make a necklace for myself and also made a few as gifts.
I intially started my collection with just sterling silver items using sterling silver square frames.

Sterling Silver Square Frame Charm with Garnets and Bali Beads - July 2007

The necklace below was created for my neighbor who's son is now 21, but she loved this endearing photo of her husband and son when he was just a toddler.


This style is surrounded by small round garnet and Bali silver beads, then hung from a delicate Sterling silver cable chain and closed with a lobster clasp.

Classy Style - Sterling Silver Square Frame with Grey and Peacock Freshwater Pearls and Swarovski Crystals. - June 2007
I created this style for myself showing of my favorite photo of my three girls.














This style contains freshwater grey and peacock pearls with a swarovski crystal rondell in between all hung from a delicate cable sterling silver necklace and closed with a lobster clasp. Black and White photos work best against these beautiful pearls.

Simple Sterling Silver Photo Charm Necklace - July 2007
I love the pearls, but I also liked to keep my necklaces simple. This style is simply either an oval or square sterling silver charm on a delicate cable chain.












No comments: